» Discover It Card Review
Discover It Card Gets High Marks
The new Discover It Credit Card has just been released, and with it comes a wide range of benefits that few other credit cards in the same consumer category are able to beat. In-fact, it has so many unique features and benefits it would be of no surprise if competing credit card providers decide to give their customers a whole lot more in the future. Let’s take at what this card has to offer.
Transfer Offers and Purchase Incentives
The Discover It Credit Card offers both an introductory rate on balance transfers and purchases (0% for 14 months), and a cash back program to reward you for your purchases. Few other credit cards offer such long introductory rates with a rewards program on top, but this card provides all with no annual fee, making it great for those who need to transfer a balance or to make a big purchase.
You get 1% unlimited cash-back on all purchases and 5% cash-back for purchases made in specific categories that change during the course of the year. The 5% cash-back scheme might be a little complicated for some, but Discover can help you make the right cash-back choices and get the most out of the program with a 1-on-1 service available online.
Discover It Credit Card Service Benefits
The purchase and balance transfer incentives are very good, but there are still many little extras which help to ensure a positive credit card experience and less stress and hassle than other credit cards might cause. This includes no foreign transaction fees and no over-limit fees, no penalty APR for missing a payment, and no late payment fee for your first late payment.
You also get to choose a payment due date on a date that is convenient for you. On the day your payment is due, you have until midnight (ET) to pay your bill over the phone or online. Support is offered by Discover if you lost your job and get into financial difficulty – they are able to lower your rate and your minimum payments.
Discover It Card Features
The Discover It Credit Card might not quite offer the same breadth of features as for example Gold or Platinum Visa, but you still get travel accident insurance and car rental insurance up to $500,000, and $0 fraud liability protection to keep you safe from fraudulent purchases.
Terms and Conditions
The standard APR for purchases and balance transfers is from 10.99% to 22.99%, putting this card within reach of people with good, very good and excellent credit ratings. Cash advance Fee is 24.99%. The grace period for avoiding interest on purchases is 25 days after the close of the previous billing cycle. The minimum interest charge is $0.50. Balance transfer fees are 3% of the amount transferred, and cash advance fees are the greater of $10 or 5% of the amount transferred. Late payment fees and returned payment fees are up to $35. See the complete terms and conditions here.
- Fair. No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee. Pay up to midnight ET online or by phone on your due date without a fee. Plus, paying late won’t raise your APR.*
- Generous. 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases for Online Shopping through December 2013 with free and easy sign-up. And 1% cash back on all other purchases.*
- Human. 100% U.S.-based customer service available any time.
- Safe. Because you’re never responsible for unauthorized charges with our $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee.
- Plus, free FICO® Credit Score on your monthly statement to help you stay on top of your credit.*
- 0% Intro APR* on purchases and balance transfers for 14 months. Then the variable purchase APR applies, currently 10.99% – 22.99%. A fee of 3% applies for each balance transferred.
- *Click “Apply” to see rates, rewards, and free FICO® Credit Score terms and other information.
|Intro APR||Intro APR Period||Regular APR||Annual Fee||Balance Transfers||Credit Needed|
|0%||0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 14 months, then the variable standard purchase APR of 10.99% - 22.99% (V)*||10.99% - 22.99% (V)*||None*||Yes*||Excellent Credit|